The School of Open Learning earlier known as The School of Correspondence Courses and Continuing Education was established under the University of Delhi in 1962. Master of Commerce (M Com) is a postgraduate master’s degree focusing on commerce, accounting, management and economics-related subjects.
Like the undergraduate Bachelor of Commerce. The program is generally focused on different disciplines like accounting, actuarial science, business management, corporate governance, human resource management, economics, statistics, finance, marketing or supply chain management.
This courses is especially meant for college students who are presently at the entry level and want to expand their knowledge and career. In M Com, students are given a choice to major in any of the given specializations. Students who want to go for further studies or courses like in research or doctorate level can get a bonus with this course.
DU SOL M Com Admission
- B.Com (Hons.) from DU with 65% marks.
- Merit or Entrance test (For candidates who completed their graduation from any university other than DU)
Instruction to fill SOL Admission Form Online
The application process is online for all courses except for candidates belonging to EWC and EOC category. To apply online, candidate must
- Register himself/herself at the official website of DU.
- The login ID and password will be sent to candidate though SMS on the registered mobile number.
- Log in, fill the details and upload the following necessary documents
- Recent passport size photographs
- Scanned signature
- 10th and 12th mark sheet and passing certificates.
- Reserved category certificate
- Class 12th original provisional certificate
- Class 12th original migration certificate (for candidates who have passed from any other board than CBSE).
- Latest original income certificate if applying for fee concession.
- Pay the registration fees online and save the final Application form.
- Print the fee receipt and print the ID Card.
Candidate must fill up the Registration form online though the DU centralised online application process.
After filling up the registration form, pay the registration fee of INR 500 (general/OBC) and INR 250 (ST/SC/PWD) online.
After successful payment, admit card can be downloaded when available and the same can be presented at the time of the Entrance Exam.
This two-year M Com course demands a total fee of Rs 10,280.
|Start of Online Registration||2nd week of June|
|Last Date of Submission of Registration||Last week of June|
|Date of Entrance Exam||1st week of July|
Sol M Com Subjects
As is relevant from the above table, the first year consists of revision of the basic concepts covered in Bachelors of Commerce. The second year focuses on major streams with the help of compulsory as well as elective subjects.
M Com Career Prospects
An M Com Graduate can pursue certain courses in fields such as Auditing, Banking and finance, Electronic Marketing, Funds Management, Management Consulting or Stock Broking.
In addition to this, students of M Com can even apply for jobs within the Government sector. UPSC is a major recruiter of M Com students, providing a good post and package.
Other options are to opt for further studies in the form of Doctorate Degrees, with International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS), Certificate Courses in Banking, Stock Market, Chartered Financial Analysts (CFA), Company Secretaries e.t.c.
Looking for a B Com degree from DU SOL? Read our latest article to know more.